General Forum Rules
For the most part you are expected to use your own judgement when posting. However, we do have general regulations which should be read and taken into consideration.
the rules and accept them.
- Acceptance of the rules is the reason you are allowed to post here. Failing to do so may seriously damage your justification of being allowed to post. Attempting to argue your own interpretation of the rules is not considered acceptance of them. Ignorance of the rules is no defence as you are required to read them when becoming a member of the forum.
the "announcement" posts.
- These posts contain further rules specific to each board, as well as other information. Violation of rules in an announcement post carries the same weight as violation of the general forum rules.
post inflammatory material.
- Reasonable expression of opinion is encouraged. Flaming and flame wars are not reasonable expression of opinion.
- Advertising in the forums, except for that of our partner/sister sites (CocoeBiz, etc.) and links to personal pages in signatures, is not permitted. Links to content OTHER THAN what is reasonably relevant to a discussion are also not permitted.
In addition, any;
- messages without any readable content,
- posting of irrelevant file attachments,
- deliberate repeat posting,
- posting intended only to "bump"/revive a topic,
- posting of referral links to "free iPod" or other similar sites,
- or other posting deemed completely pointless not mentioned,
will be considered spam and are therefore not permitted.
the forbidden topics.
- Posts on forbidden topics are subject to locking or outright removal on sight. They are forbidden largely because they frequently lead to violation of other rules, especially flaming. The following topics are forbidden from discussion on the forums:
- Gratuitous sex
- Senseless violence
- Politics (including gun control)
- Whining about permitted topics
- Polls with either one choice or far too many choices
- Polls or discussion about favourite/least favourite site-related person
- Excessive "What's your favourite..." topics
- Baseless threats against any user.
post or link to serial numbers; cracks; ROMs; or related programs, or link to sites whose primary purpose is to transfer these kinds of materials.
- General discussion on this topic is permitted, but requests for such material are not permitted since fulfilling the request requires violation of this rule as stated above.
enforce the rules.
- It is the job of the moderators and administrators to enforce the rules, not the users. If you are concerned that someone is in violation of the rules, you may wish to contact them privately. Do not reply to the topic. The appropriate board moderator or administrator will decide how to deal with it. In particular, it is not necessary to point out any issues involving spelling, punctuation, grammar or writing styles in public. Please avoid doing so.
tell the staff to enforce the rules.
- The staff will enforce the rules as they see fit. Again, if you are concerned, contact the staff privately. Do not reply to topics telling the staff how to moderate.
it G rated.
- Generally it is not necessary to curse, and in the interests of the users we ask that you avoid it. After all, if it is absolutely essential to use profanity, you are probably flaming. Unquestionably obscene and/or offensive material has no place here, images included.
the Image Limits.
- The limitations on images on the forums are as follows:
Profile images ["avatars"]: Display size no greater than 150x150 pixels, file size no greater than 30KB.
Signature images: Display size no greater than 350x150 pixels, file size no greater than 30K.
In-post images: Please do not display very large (file size or display size) in posts, please link to them instead.
Images considered to be of unreasonable display size, file size or content will be Yikes!ed.
Violation of the above rules may lead to moderative and/or administrative action, including but not limited to, deletion of posts, locking of topics, application of a demerit, denoted by a "!" in the user title, denial of posting and/or viewing of specific boards, banning of user accounts, banning of user IP addresses.
Action taken will be decided on a case-by-case basis. In almost all circumstances multiple warnings will be given before any action affecting access is taken.
In addition, it is highly recommended that you look at the general posting guidelines. Failure to accept and follow the guidelines may displease forum users, and if, after repeated failure, this extends to administrators and/or moderators, you may still lose your posting privileges even if you have not violated any of the rules printed above, although only extreme violation of the guidelines would justify this.
Thank you for your time,
Last updated: 00:37 GMT 2007/10/29