RichNagel wrote:I haven't tried this yet; but I'm fairly sure that I could rename the BASS.DLL for each of the games in question to something like "BAS1.DLL", and then simply hex-edit/hack the games' executables to point to the newly renamed "BAS1.DLL"... but of course, this is sort of a PITA (and not really a proper solution/fix).
I tried the above for "Bejeweled Twist" and "Peggle Deluxe"... worked like a champ
Unfortunately though, Bejeweled 2 Deluxe's executable (WinBej2.exe) is encrypted, so I couldn't hex-edit that one (it's so severely encrypted, that you can't even find a simple "BAS" text entry within the EXE).
RichNagel wrote:or maybe simply rename the BASS.DLL file that the driver uses to something else (similar to my hack idea above for the games).
Another experiment (and my temporary $hit-rig of a fix <grin> that I can currently use).
I renamed the following files (located in my "C:\Windows\System32" directory):
BASS.dll to -> BAS2.dll
BASSMIDI.dll to -> BASSMID2.dll
Then I hex-edited all instances of "BASS.dll" and "BASSMIDI.dll", to read "BAS2.dll" and "BASSMID2.dll" in all of the newly renamed DLL files, including in the BASSMIDI driver itself (BASSMIDIDrv.dll).
Rebooted, tried out the BASSMIDI Driver, and tried out all of the games in question... and everything worked perfectly
Anyhow, I figured you might wanna know
P.S. Of course WinDoZe locks all of the DLLs, so you have to do some creative renaming/rebooting to do that... but if one knows what to do (what to rename, when to rename it, and when to reboot), it can be done without a hitch