Installing this driver on Windows 7 x64 might be easier on your computer than mine.
I had two problems, but maybe you'll not have them on your side:
- after running the setup, I tried to launch the Configuration utility, which complained about two missing DLL files (MSVC*100.dll). If you're getting these errors, simply download and install the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable" packages from Microsoft:
- 32-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... bf0912db84
- 64-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... 50143d5867
- even after setup, the BASSMIDI driver didn't appear as a MIDI output device on my MIDI player. That's why I had to do the trick in the Registry, but mainly because I have lots of MIDI devices on my computer.
If you're experiencing the same issue:
- from the Start menu, type "regedit" to run the Windows registry editor
- navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32 section
- modify one of the keys named midi* and change its value to bassmididrv.dll
- after making this change, without even having to reboot or close the registry editor, BASSMIDI driver should appear in your MIDI output devices list.
Does it sound easier for you now?