Sample submission is now closed and I'm very eager to release the whopping sample pack containg 54 samples !
I want to thank all the people that participated, I really enjoyed recieving the samples and get suprised by the crazyness some contain.
I want to thank Blitz Lunar specially because he inspired me in the first place and he gave me the green light for hosting SPC VII.
Some notes on the samples that got submitted
- 3 samples are over the 4 second limit but I let them pass.
- 4 samples are not 44.1KHz 16 bit format, I had problems importing them in to FL Studio (the software I used to convert the samples).
UPDATE: KungFuFurby converted the 4 samples that weren't 16 bit which can be downloaded here
- P3nエsXpert (3)
- Rocco (3)
- Radiation (3)
- Maxo (3)
- KungFuFurby (3)
- Charybdizs (3)
- AnthonyMorgan (3)
- sci (3)
- Bregalad (3)
- MicroProcessor (3)
- Jayster (3)
- Kris Troutman (3)
- Nieb (3)
- blue.nocturne (3)
- Pongball (3)
- Blitz Lunar (3)
- LukeB (3)
- Kay Faraday (3)
The deadline of the contest will be March 14 so be aware of that. You can send PM or email your track(s) to: email@example.com
Sample pack can be downloaded here
Sample pack + KungFuFurby bugfixes (Mediafire Mirror) can be downloaded here
RULES AND STUFF:
- Your songs must use ONLY the sounds in the sample pack. No other sound source (synths, samples etc.) is permitted.
- Your songs must be original compositions (no remixes or covers/remakes.)
- Feel free to edit the samples to your requirements.
- Use of DSP/effects is allowed and encouraged (reverb, delay, chorus, etc etc.) Highly "destructive" DSP is allowed but use discretion.*
- Some effects are a grey area (such as vocoders, which generate sound as well as process it.) Again, they are permitted, but use discretion.*
- Submit songs in MP3 format. 44.1KHz 16bit Stereo is preferred. Bitrate shouldn't be really high or really low, but it's up to you.
- Don't show/reveal your songs to anyone.
- You may submit as many songs as you wish. (quality over quantity is preferred ~ try limiting the number you enter to four or five at the most)
- Use whatever software you like. Audio workstations, trackers, midi sequencers + soundfonts etc. Be aware of their respective limitations though.
- Avoid "short-looping" samples, wherein you create simple waveforms bearing no resembolence to the original sound. Looping is permitted otherwise*
- Try and make your songs at least a minute long.
- Anything you don't finish feel free to post in the thread after the contest.
- Have a Grand ol' Time™ in the process.
*the basic reasoning behind these is that we want to hear songs that are obviously using the samples provided. If these things are being utilised precisely to circumvent the limitations of the samples, it becomes unsporting/no fun. Perhaps someone else can explain better than me.
Lastly I want to say, be creative, have fun and good luck !